Wedges create the spin at impact, the grooves are responsible for biting into the cover of the golf ball. The downward strike on the ball, coupled with the sharp grooves, traps the ball against the ground and creates backspin. Over time, the lower grooves will start to wear out and eventually will not catch the ball as sharply. The dulling grooves allow the ball to roll up the face just slightly before catching some of the higher grooves. When the ball rolls up the face, spin is lost because friction is lost. It is very important to keep your golf club wedges in tick tack shape. What more could be as essential as a Grooves sharpener in helping you and your golf clubs hit the golf ball with precision and stopping power. This tool should always be with golfers.
FOR MORE DETAILS REFER TO THE SECOND AND SUCCEEDING PHOTOS ABOVE
- MECHANISM: At impact, the grooves are responsible for biting into the cover of the golf ball. The downward strike on the ball, coupled with the sharp grooves, traps the ball against the ground and creates backspin — YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY DO THIS WITH THE HELP OF GLIFT GLOF CLUB GROOVE SHARPENER.
- KEY FEATURES: It has six cutters which are also known as heads. It sharpens the worn out rolled over metal grooves and cleans the grooves face of your club as it removes the sand, grass dirt and grit particles in it. It will also add years of longevity to your irons & can be used on any brand of club.
- The vacuum heat treated tungsten steel cuts through steel and titanium on both U square and V grooves. It will effortlessly cut through stainless steel & titanium and will never lose its cutting edge.
- LEGAL FOR COMPETITION: Ensuring that your grooves continue to conform to the R & A and USGA guidelines for both width & depth, its design will not cut deeper than allowable under the Rules of Golf. As the rules of golf states that grooves must be no more than 0.035 inches wide, 0.020 inches deep and 0.075 inches from any adjacent grooves.
- Bring your golf club wedges & irons back to life with the use of the Groove Sharpener as it cleans and sharpens all U square & V shaped grooves. Sharpen the grooves and spin the ball like a pro and notice a real difference in stopping power.